Duram Showfloor Polyurethane Floor Paint is a single component water-based polyurethane floor paint. It uses a unique polyurethane technology that offers the high performance of twin pack epoxy systems, but in an easy, no-mix formula. This tough, long lasting floor paint resists scuffing, fading, cracking and peeling and stands up to foot traffic and abrasion. Chemical and stain resistant, it offers protection against UV rays. It protects and beautifies floors, offering a colourfast, luxurious medium sheen finish that enhances substrate texture. Application is easy with its low odour, quick drying formula that is lead free and environmentally friendly.
Burnt Red, Clear, Flagstone, Forest Green, Platinum, Slate and White
• Please read all instructions carefully before starting the project.
• Check the cement floor for conditions that might interfere with paint adhesion.
• Proper surface preparation is critical for successful installation.
• Incorrect preparation, priming or topcoating will result in paint failure such as peeling or blistering.
• Duram recommends that a test patch of the Showfloor system is applied to all floors.
• The floor can be used for light traffic 24 hours after applying the final coat. The floor can be put into full service after 7 days.
• To retain sheen and colour consistency of your paint, always make sure that the batch numbers are the same on all paint containers you
• Colour tinting may adversely affect product performance. Please contact our toll-free Technical Helpline on 0800 500 222 for guidance.
• For touch-ups or repairs, clean and lightly abrade the Duram Showfloor Polyurethane Floor Paint before over-coating.
• Room and surface temperatures must be between 10ºC and 35ºC during application.
• Do not apply outdoors if rain is imminent.
What is Polyurethane:
• Polyurethane is a unique material that is incredibly resilient and durable that can be used in paint and various other applications.
The benefits of polyurethane:
Compared to Epoxy floor coatings, Duram Showfloor Polyurethane Floor Paint offers:
• Excellent wear properties: improved impact resistance and abrasion resistance.
• Enhanced weather protection: non-chalking, non-yellowing and less brittle.
• Easy application: a single component therefore no measuring or mixing and does not need to be used soon after opening.
• Quick drying: quick surface dry as well as fast curing (drying until the chemical process is finished) time.
• For commercial and residential floors.
• Light-industrial floors.
• Kitchens and restaurants.
• Stoeps and patios.
• For new or previously painted cement floors.
• Single component – easy, no-mix formula.
• Polyurethane performance for toughness.
• Excellent scratch, scuff and wear resistance.
• Chemical and stain resistant.
• Quick drying –- rapid hardness development.
• Resists hot tyre pick-up.
• UV and weather resistant – colourfast and non-yellowing.
• An attractive medium sheen finish in a variety of decorative colours.
• Can be easily touched up.
• A smart, easy to clean floor.
• Water-based and environment friendly.
• Odourless and lead free.
• Comprehensive application instructions.
• 7 – 8m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application, for smooth concrete.
• Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the concrete.
• Apply further coats in high wear areas.
ESSENTIAL STEPS TO ENSURE SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION
1. Inspection: Allow new cement at least 28 days to cure. All surfaces must be dry. Check the cement floor for conditions that might interfere with proper adhesion; such as moisture, loose crumbling cement, cement dust, floated or shiny cement floors, sealed cement, release agents, curing compounds, salts, efflorescence and laitance, dust, oil and grease.
2. Surface Preparation:
a. Etching: All floated or shiny cement should be etched with Duram Showfloor Cement Etcher.
b. Cleaning: All surfaces must be sound, clean and free of oil and grease. Use Duram Showfloor Cleaner & Degreaser if necessary.
3. Priming: All surfaces must be primed with Duram Showfloor Cement Floor Primer to aid adhesion and resist the alkalinity inherent in cement.
4. Testing the topcoat: Always apply a test patch of Duram Showfloor Polyurethane Floor Paint to ensure the substrate has been properly prepared and primed. Check adhesion of the coating by cutting a small X in the coating using a sharp utility knife. Firmly apply a piece of packaging tape over the centre of the X cut, then pull off with a fast snap. The adhesion is suitable if no significant coating is removed beyond the X cut. If the coating fails this test, then additional surface preparation is required – repeat the above steps.
Allow new cement at least 28 days to cure. All surfaces must be dry.
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly clean, sound, dry and free from any contaminants such as dirt, salt, algae and grease.
* Efflorescence: a white powdery substance on a cement surface.
* Laitance: a hard, solid layer that forms on the surface of concrete.
PROTECT: APPLICATION OF THE TOPCOAT
Hands and equipment are easily cleaned in water. Collect spills with suitable absorbent material.
|Pack size||1 litre, 5 litre|
|No of components||1|
|Overcoating Time||± 1 Hours|
|Light Foot traffic||± 24 hours|
|Full cure||± 7 days|
|Volume solids||30% to 31%|
|Service temperature||-15ºC to 40ºC|
|Application temperature||10ºC to 35ºC|
|Shelf life||2 years|
|Storage||Cool, dry area below 25ºC|
Technical details above are provided in good faith. We are an ISO 2001: 2008 registered company and our products are manufactured to the highest standards using raw materials of superior quality. Consequently we believe in the quality of our products and will willingly replace any product in the unlikely event of a quality related performance failure. Whilst we are confident in guaranteeing the quality of our products, we cannot however accept any liability for performance failure due to the incorrect application of our products. Correct application is critical to the successful performance of our products and as this process falls outside of our control we are unable to cover the application under our product performance warranty. Where there are doubts, it is recommended that the user conduct their own suitability tests before use. To retain sheen and colour consistency of your paint, always make sure that the batch numbers are the same on all paint containers that you purchase.